Plan of Operation for RCFEs
The RFCE plan of operation includes 2017 legal and regulatory updates on medication training and management, staff training, disaster plan, theft and loss, DNR and POLST information, etc., and a 2017 admission agreement! Plus, 18 items to assist a facility to maintain compliance is included.
Note: The product is shipped free via email. For shipment by mail, add $40. Once shipped, no refunds can be given.
Part B of Application
Part B is the second part of the RCFE license application process. It is the longest and most detailed portion of the application. This Part B application includes ALL of the DSS-required information, including an approved admission agreement.
Upon request, Michael and/or Robin will consult with your facility for just $150.00/hr. For facilities outside of San Diego County a $100 transportation fee is also required. This fee is not refundable, but is charged only after the work is done. To request consultation, please use the "Contact Us" form or call (866) 257-RFCE. (Do not use add to shopping cart).
RCFE Subscription Service
Keep up-to-date with changes in Title 22 and Health and Safety Code for just $49/year.
Caregiver Training Manual
The Caregiver Training Manual covers topics the California Legislature and DSS require of caregivers upon hire and for annual training such as
- Dementia care, including the use and misuse of antipsychotics, the interaction of drugs commonly used by the elderly, and the adverse effects of psychotropic drugs for use in controlling the behavior of persons with dementia
- The special needs of persons with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, including non-pharmacologic, person-centered approaches to dementia care
- Postural supports (restraints), restricted health conditions, and hospice care
- Physical limitations and needs of the elderly
- Importance and techniques for personal care services
- Residents’ rights
- Policies and procedures regarding medications
- Psychosocial needs of the elderly
- Building and fire safety and the appropriate response to emergencies
- Cultural competency and sensitivity in issues relating to the underserved aging, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community
- DNR and POLST requirements
- Elder Abuse Reporting
The manual is just $89 if emailed, and $109 if mailed. It is illustrated with four-color pictures and graphs.
RCFE Part A & B Application Preparation
Our application to the state is pre-approved!
RCFE application preparation. This includes all Part A forms, the plan of operation, dementia plan, hospice waiver, employee training, admission agreement, medication plan of operation, and all information DSS requires.
Note: This fee cannot be refunded if at any time the applicant has a change of mind or does not pursue the application process. The fee is good for two years and can be used for courses or other materials.
RCFE Part A application only
This fee is for the Part A only of the RCFE application. This fee is NOT refundable once work has begun on the application which includes the sending of Part A forms by EMAIL or regular mail.
RCFE Admission Agreement and Updates
Order Mike and Robin's 31-page, 2017 Admission Agreement by email that complies with the most recently enacted state laws and regulations and receive one-year of updates that can and may occur when laws and regulations change. Included with the Agreement is a comprehensive resident "level of care assessment tool" to assist facilities appraising clients then implementing a higher level of care with additional charges. This is a must tool. Receive the agreement, assessment tool and a one-year subscription to changes to the agreement at no extra charge.
The Handbook of Issues...an RCFE "defense" manual
If you have ever wondered how to talk with an analyst about the laws and regulations, this administrative manual provides RCFE administrators with over 350 pages of appeals and answers to compliance questions and questionable deficiencies. Free shipping! A Vade - Mecum, your constant compliance manual.
Updated Title 22 and Health and Safety Code for RCFEs
May 2017 RCFE Title 22 & January 2018 Health and Safety Code.