If you purchase this package it is good for up to 10 RCFE caregivers in need of training. A voucher will be emailed to you to enroll up to 10 caregivers in online training. Please note: each caregiver must create an individual account on this website with an exclusive email address and password to take the courses and have the certificates issued in their name. The voucher is good for 30 hours of caregiver training.
RCFE Caregiver Training totaling 30 hours includes
- Dementia (4 courses for 8 hours)
- LGBT Cultural Competency (1 hour)
- Emergency Preparedness (1 hour)
- Restricted health conditions (2 hours)
- Postural Supports/Restraints (1 hour)
- Medication Training (4 hours)
- Hospice Care (1 hour)
- Resident Rights (2 hours)
- Psychosocial Needs of the Elderly (3 hours)
- Physical Needs of the Elderly (2 hours)
- HIV with universal precautions (3 hours)
- Medical Marijuana and Psychoactive Meds (2 hours)
Title 22 and Health and Safety Code requires training on “The aging process and physical limitations and special needs of the elderly; psychosocial needs of the elderly; building and fire safety and the appropriate response to emergencies; dementia care, including the use and misuse of antipsychotics, the interaction of drugs commonly used by the elderly, and the adverse effects of psychotropic drugs for use in controlling the behavior of persons with dementia; the special needs of persons with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, including nonpharmacologic, person-centered approaches to dementia care; cultural competency and sensitivity in issues relating to the underserved, aging, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community; postural supports; restricted health conditions; medications; HIV with universal precautions; TB; and hospice care.”
The above courses assist with fulfilling the laws and regulations for staff training.