Each staff member must have a separate account with an individual email address and password.
RCFE Caregiver and Staff Training totaling 3o+ hours includes
- Dementia (4 courses for 8 hours)
- LGBT Cultural Competency (1 hour)
- Emergency Preparedness (1 hour)
- Restricted health conditions (2 hours)
- Postural Supports/Restraints (1 hour)
- Medication Training (4 hours)
- Hospice Care (1 hour)
- Psychosocial Needs of the Elderly (3 hours)
- Physical Needs of the Elderly (2 hours)
- TB (1 hour)
- HIV with universal precautions (3 hours)
- Medical Marijuana and Psychoactive Meds (2 hours)
Title 22 and Health and Safety Code requires training on “The aging process and physical limitations and special needs of the elderly; psychosocial needs of the elderly; building and fire safety and the appropriate response to emergencies; dementia care, including the use and misuse of antipsychotics, the interaction of drugs commonly used by the elderly, and the adverse effects of psychotropic drugs for use in controlling the behavior of persons with dementia; the special needs of persons with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, including nonpharmacologic, person-centered approaches to dementia care; cultural competency and sensitivity in issues relating to the underserved, aging, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community; postural supports; restricted health conditions; medications; HIV with universal precautions; TB; and hospice care.”
The above courses assist with fulfilling the laws and regulations for staff training.